Skip & Grab Hire
Skip & Grab Hire
1. The maximum hire period is 2 weeks. Extensions may be arranged at the discretion of Mayhurst Bolton Limited t/as Taylor Brothers Skip Hire ("the Company”) at the time of booking. If you as the customer ("the Hirer") later wish to extend the period of hire beyond 2 weeks, you must contact the Company to make arrangements before the end of the hire period. We reserve the right to make a charge for extended hire periods.
2. A permit must be arranged by the Company with your local council before a skip can be sited on a public highway. The Hirer is responsible for the payment of the cost of the permit. If the skip is not to be sited on private property, you must advise us at the time of booking so that we can arrange for the permit to be issued.
3. The risk in relation to the skip passes to the Hirer on delivery. Any losses incurred by the Company in relation to a skip whilst it is in the possession of the Hirer must be fully indemnified. Only authorised drivers employed by the Company are allowed to move/ remove skips belonging to the Company.
4. The Company cannot and will not be held responsible for any damage whatsoever that may be caused if the Hirer requests the Company’s driver to take his vehicle off the Public Highway to deliver/position the skip in a location requested by the Hirer or its representative(s). The Company will not be held responsible for any damage caused to person or property once the vehicle leaves the public highway, where requested as above.
5. When you telephone the Company you should be aware that calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
6. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the skip is not over-filled at the time of collection either by volume or weight. The Driver reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading (including wasted journeys) will be passed on the Hirer. Additional charges may be levied.
7. It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure that our driver has suitable access both when delivering and collecting the skip. Wasted journeys caused by a failure to provide access may incur a further charge.
8. No fires are to be set inside the skip. Any damage caused to the skip will be charged to the Hirer regardless of whether the Hirer or their representatives were responsible for lighting the fire.
9. General Waste Skips
The following items are not suitable for placing in a general skip. Please confirm the presence of any of these items when ordering as disposal will incur additional charges;
Fridges/ Freezers, Tyres, Asbestos, Flourescent/ Sodium Lamps, Gas cylinders/ empty aerosols, Clinical/ Medical Waste, Food, Hazardous/ Toxic Material
10. Sale of Materials
All materials are sold on the basis that the quality, weight or quantity is as verified and agreed when signed for on site.
Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
11. Requests to Change the Size of Skip or Cancel the Order
It is solely the responsibility of the Hirer to order the correct size of skip and advice given by any employee of the Company is followed at the Hirer’s own discretion.
You may choose to change the size of the skip ordered (by paying the appropriate fee for the upgrade) right up until the driver has started the journey to your premises.
If you wish to make a change to the size or type of skip or cancel the order altogether after the driver has set off we reserve the right to charge a fee for the wasted journey.
If when the skip arrives you decide that you require a different size of skip, we reserve the right to charge an additional fee in respect of the wasted journey in addition to the cost of the upgrade.
If you are paying by cash there is no additional fee for cancellations notified prior to despatch. However, we do have various administration costs that we cannot avoid for cancelled orders where payment is made either electronically or by card. The standard fee will be deducted from the amount refunded to you if you choose to cancel your order after payment has already been processed.