Email Us Call Us skip hire bolton black logo Click to Email Tel black large skip hire bolton logo white

01204 578882

Skip & Grab Hire

Skip & Grab Hire

If you are in a Bolton Council controlled area you will be able to have a 1, 2 or 4 week permit.


Blackburn with Darwen Council issues permits on a weekly basis.


The Councils controlling the following areas only issue a 28 day permit;


Bury, Leigh, Chorley, Salford and Wigan


Although our usual skip hire period is for up to 2 weeks, a 4 week permit can be useful where you expect to have a number of skip exchanges on the same site as the permit relates to the site regardless of how many times the skip is exchanged.


You will need a permit for each skip you have on site at the same time so 2 skips on site will mean 2 permit fees whereas an exchange when the skip is full still only requires the same single permit until it expires.  We can however extend the permit for you where required but a further fee will be payable to the Council.

Permits - When Do I Need One?

skip hire bolton permit icon

The majority of skips that we deliver are left on private land e.g. a driveway, a car park or in a yard.


However a skip that is sited on a road that is owned and maintained by the local Council will need a road permit which will incur a small extra fee.


If you believe that the road where the skip is situated is either a private road or that it has not been adopted by the Council, please tell us when booking and we will look into this for you.

Permits - How Do I Get One?

The permit must be arranged by the skip hire company on your behalf and has to be in place on the day of delivery.


The majority of Councils will grant the permit in time for same day delivery.  Please be aware however, that Wigan Council require 48 hours notice.


Failure to have a permit in place for a skip on Council land may lead to a fine and the Company being banned from leaving skips on the highway in future.

Permits - Council Rules

The following Council regulations apply to skips that are not on private land;


1. Skips placed on the highway shall not contain any flammable, explosive or dangerous material.


2. The contents of the skip shall be kept damped-down or covered to prevent dust or spillage.


3. The skip must not be overloaded and must be removed when full.


If you don’t follow the appropriate regulations you could be fined up to £1,000.

Permits - How Long Do They Last?

skip hire bolton permit icon skip hire bolton permit icon skip hire bolton permit icon

Permits - When Will I Be Unable To Have One?

skip hire bolton permit icon

We can't leave your skip;


  • On yellow lines

  • Close to a Pelican crossing

  • Near a bus stop

  • Within 15 metres of a junction

  • Near dangerous bends on busy roads


If you need to leave a skip in a Council owned metered parking bay, you will need to apply to the local council for a parking dispensation.


Call us and we can guide you through this.